About the Scarborough Education Foundation
The Scarborough Educatin Foundation (SEF) funds the best ideas of the districts brightest and most motivated educators by raising financial resources within the community through donations and fundraising events. Educators may submit an application to the Foundation, during one or our semi-annual grant cycles, seeking support for a specific initiative or program that they wish to implement in their instructional framework. All grant requests must be approved by the respective Principals and are then reviewed by the Foundation’s Grant Review Committee, which is made up of board members, education professionals, and other residents who represent various segments of the community. Recommendations regarding grant awards are made by the review committee to the Board of Directors which renders final approval regarding awards and the distribution of funds.
- Develop inspired and motivated students prepared for the 21st century
- Teacher innovation & teaching excellence
- Partner with the Scarborough School District for a shared vision of academic excellence
- Enhance educational opportunities at all levels of the Scarborough School District with exceptional projects and programs
- Inspire community wide support for high quality public education
- Become the preferred donee offering informed and responsible stewardship of funds